1. George Weiss (+5)
2. Ed Pepyne (+4)
1. Ed Stefanik (+6)
2. Rick Nolin (+5)
1. Dick Eble (+4)
2. Steve Baker (-2)
Format: Two-Man Best Ball
T1. (-9) Rick Martino & Ken Eisner
T1. (-9) Charlie Pryce & Harry von Thaden
T3. (-8) George Weiss & Brian Skea
T3. (-8) James Sapienza & Blind Draw
Closest to the pin: Emile Poirier 3’5″[ Complete results ]
All prizes are paid in Captains Pro Shop merchandise credits. You can redeem your credits by asking the cashier to “apply your pro shop credits from your account” when you are making a purchase.
Individual Quota by Flights
1. (+5) Brian Skea
2. (+2) Ed Pepyne
3. (+1) George Weiss
4. (E) Chris Chapin
5. (-1) Gary Brunet
1. (+7) Charles Pryce
2. (+5) Rich Klein
3. (+1) Mike Rhines
T4. (-3) Emile Poirier & Bill Engster
1. (-4) Dave Smith
2. (-5) Harry von Thaden
Closest to the pin: Charlie Pryce (19′ 7″)[ Complete Results ]
ATTENDEES : Bill O’Brien / Rob Harris / Emile Poirier/ Ed Stefanik / John Mano
GUEST : Orin Segall
OPENING REMARKS : Bill O’Brien
– accepted minutes of the April 10, 2019 CCMGA Board Meeting
MEMBERSHIP & FINANCE UPDATE : Emile Poirier
– 2019 Membership @ 83 (14 new members / 36 non-renewals) .. 2018 Membership was 104. Reminders will be sent to prior members who have not renewed.
– MGA account balance $ 3934.03 less $1000 Scholarship Award & $310 Hole In One Prize Pool. Net available funds = $2624.03.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD UPDATE : Bill O’Brien
– Nauset High School (NHS) has been advised of the MGA Scholarship Award nominee. Once NHS notifies same / announces the recipient, a letter will be sent from MGA to the award winner confirming the Scholarship parameters.
WEDNESDAY PLAY : All
– continue to average 20-22 players for Wednesday competitions
– 12 players have currently registered for the May 15 / 22 Two Week Tournament. The entry fee is $30 per player and includes two rounds of golf, electric cart on May 22 and a post round meal / awards banquet on May 22. Prizes will be in the form of Captains gift cards.
– reviewing the potential to hold a single day Tournament on May 22, concurrent with but separate from the Two Week Tournament.
OPEN DISCUSSION : All
– the future of the CCMGA remains uncertain .. declining Membership & Wednesday play numbers, plus a lack of response for new Board members raises questions as to MGA relevancy moving forward. Consideration is being given to an open MGA meeting aimed at discussing issues & options.
– Brewster Golf Commission will meet on May 14
* NEXT CCMGA MEETING -> JUNE 12 @ 2PM (Captains Meeting Room)
Quota by Flights:
A-Flight: George Weiss
B-Flight: Ed Stefanik & Bill Engster (tie)
C-Flight: Emile Poirier
Closest to the pin: Tom Shaw, 11′ 10.5″