Article 1: Name and Objectives
The name of the association shall be the CAPTAINS COURSE MEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION (hereinafter referred to as CCMGA)
Purpose: The purpose of the CCMGA shall be:
- To organize and promote golf competition and affiliated activities for the membership
- To promote good etiquette and good sportsmanship among the membership and visitors to the Captains Course
- To assist and encourage the Captains Course Pro/Manager in his activities which pertain to and involve the membership
The CCMGA shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any proceeds or the remainder from dues, fees or donations to the CCMGA shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual without the approval of the Board.
Article 2: Membership
Section 1: Membership Types
There shall be two types of membership: Individual and Honorary Members
Section 2: Eligibility for Membership
- Individual: Any man who is currently a member of the Captains Course.
- Honorary: Any individual, group or organization that has rendered outstanding service to the CCMGA or to the Captains Course or to the sport of golf may be proposed by a member of the Board of Directors for an honorary membership in the CCMGA. Election shall be a majority vote of the Board of Directors. There shall be no dues required.
Article 3: Dues
Annual dues are payable by April 1st each year or upon joining the CCMGA during the season.
The annual dues shall be established by the Board of Directors.
Article 4: Officers & Board of Directors
Section 1: Board of Directors
The Board of Directors (hereinafter referred to as the Board) shall be comprised of the members of the CCMGA. The Board shall be limited to no more than 12 members. Of the Board members, one will be the immediate Past-President and the remaining shall be elected by the membership at large. The term for a Board member shall be for one year or until their successors have been elected.
Section 2: Officers
The officers of CCMGA shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The officers will be elected by the Board of Directors at the first meeting of their term. No officer may hold the same office for more than two successive terms. The term of office shall be for one year or until their successors have been elected.
Section 3: Vacancies
Any vacancies occurring on the Board will be filled until the next annual election by a majority vote of all the then members of the Board except that a vacancy in the office of President shall be filled by the Vice President.
Article 5: Duties of the Officers & Board of Directors
Section 1: President
The President shall preside at all meetings of the CCMGA and of the Board and shall have all the duties and powers normally appurtenant to the office of President. The President shall also function as Assistant Treasurer.
Section 2: Vice President
In the case of the President’s resignation, absence, death or incapacity, the Vice President will take over the duties of the President. The Vice President of Membership creates and maintains all membership data base(s) and membership records.
Section 3: Secretary
The Secretary shall be responsible for recording all meetings and preparing all CCMGA correspondence. Copies of the minutes shall be posted at the Captains Course and be available to the Brewster Golf Commission.
Section 4: Treasurer
The Treasurer shall collect and receive all moneys due or belonging to the CCMGA. He shall deposit same in a bank in the name of CCMGA. His books shall be open at all times to the inspection of the Board and he shall report to them at every meeting on the condition of the CCMGA finances, and at the annual meeting, he shall render an account of all moneys received and expended during the previous year.
Section 5: Board of Directors
The Board shall have the entire responsibility for the operation of the CCMGA.
Article 6: Elections
Section 1: Election of the Officers & Board Members
The President shall appoint a Nominating Committee consisting of three members to prepare a slate of members for the Board of Directors to be presented at the Annual Meeting. At the Annual Meeting nominations may be made from the floor. If there is only one nominee for each office, election by acclamation shall take place. If there are nominations from the floor, the President shall conduct a written ballot election for all contested offices.
Article 7: CCMGA Year and Meetings
Section 1: Official and Fiscal Year
The official year and the fiscal year for the CCMGA shall be from January 1 to December 31.
Section 2: Meetings
- The annual Meeting of the CCMGA shall take place during the Fall of each year. The Board shall establish the specific date. This date shall be posted on the Captains Course bulletin board and also emailed to the membership no later than two weeks prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Special Meetings of the CCMGA may be called by the President or by a majority vote of the Board. Notice of the Special Meeting shall be posted no later than two weeks prior to the Special Meeting and the membership shall be informed by email.
- Meetings of the Board shall be held monthly at a time and place designated by a majority of the Board.
- A schedule of all monthly meetings of the CCMGA including the annual Fall Meeting, for the ensuing year will be included on the CCMGA website.
- Confirmation of and/or any changes in the scheduled meeting dates, including the annual Fall Meeting, will be posted in the clubhouse of the Captains Course at least two weeks prior to the meeting date.
Article 8: Committees
Section 1: General
The President may appoint Ad Hoc Committees as necessity dictates. The Board shall appoint the Chairman of the standing committees.
Article 9: Amendments
These by laws may be amended or repealed at any Annual or Special Meeting of the CCMGA by a two-thirds vote of the members present. Notice of the proposed amendments/repeals shall have been posted at the Captains Course and emailed to the membership no later than two weeks prior to the meeting.
Adopted by unanimous vote on 10/02/2019.