ATTENDEES : Bill O’Brien / Rob Harris / Emile Poirier/ Ed Stefanik / John Mano
GUEST : Orin Segall
OPENING REMARKS : Bill O’Brien
– accepted minutes of the April 10, 2019 CCMGA Board Meeting
MEMBERSHIP & FINANCE UPDATE : Emile Poirier
– 2019 Membership @ 83 (14 new members / 36 non-renewals) .. 2018 Membership was 104. Reminders will be sent to prior members who have not renewed.
– MGA account balance $ 3934.03 less $1000 Scholarship Award & $310 Hole In One Prize Pool. Net available funds = $2624.03.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD UPDATE : Bill O’Brien
– Nauset High School (NHS) has been advised of the MGA Scholarship Award nominee. Once NHS notifies same / announces the recipient, a letter will be sent from MGA to the award winner confirming the Scholarship parameters.
WEDNESDAY PLAY : All
– continue to average 20-22 players for Wednesday competitions
– 12 players have currently registered for the May 15 / 22 Two Week Tournament. The entry fee is $30 per player and includes two rounds of golf, electric cart on May 22 and a post round meal / awards banquet on May 22. Prizes will be in the form of Captains gift cards.
– reviewing the potential to hold a single day Tournament on May 22, concurrent with but separate from the Two Week Tournament.
OPEN DISCUSSION : All
– the future of the CCMGA remains uncertain .. declining Membership & Wednesday play numbers, plus a lack of response for new Board members raises questions as to MGA relevancy moving forward. Consideration is being given to an open MGA meeting aimed at discussing issues & options.
– Brewster Golf Commission will meet on May 14
* NEXT CCMGA MEETING -> JUNE 12 @ 2PM (Captains Meeting Room)