April 10, 2019
ATTENDEES : Bill O’Brien / Rob Harris / Ed Stefanik / Emile Poirier / Bruce Beauchemin. Guest : Orin Segall.
OPENING REMARKS : (Bill O’Brien)
– motion carried to accept the minutes of the March 13, 2019 CCMGA Board Meeting
– Brewster Golf Commission (BGC) will meet April 11 @ 4PM at Captains Golf Club. An update to the proposed solar power project at Captains Golf Club now indicates the Town will receive annual lump sum payments of $ 100K vs earlier reported $ 18K. This subject will be further discussed at the April 11 BGC meeting.
MEMBERSHIP & FINANCE UPDATES : (Emile Poirier)
– 2019 MGA Membership @ 66 (w/recent additions) vs ~ 60 last year at this time. Anticipate additional memberships as snow birds return.
– current MGA account balance is $ 3409.03 with no outstanding obligations.
MGA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD : (All)
– 2 applications were received from Nauset High School and were reviewed by Board members. A response will be provided to Nauset High School shortly, following which the awardee’s name will be announced.
WEDNESDAY PLAY UPDATE : (Rob Harris)
– 9 members have signed up for the opening April 17 Scramble .. several more members are expected to join.
– May 22 and October 2 competitions will employ Shotgun starts with food provided afterwards. Arrangements have been confirmed with the Freeman’s Grill team. For these events (linked to meals afterwards), the Board adopted a proposal to limit maximum team scores to Net Bogey on each hole (players will be encouraged to pick up promptly when max score is reached). The intent is to optimize pace of play and allow meals & awards to take place without undue delay.
– there will be no 11AM starting times for Wednesday MGA competitions in 2019. This was introduced last year to determine whether there may be preferences for later tee times, however responses did not show any significant variation from the traditional (earlier) starting times.
– the Wednesday Hole In One pool had no winners in 2018. The 2019 season will start with a carry-over $ 295 prize bucket, increasing weekly until a winner is recognized.
* NEXT CCMGA MEETING -> MAY 8, 2019 @ 2PM in Captains Meeting Room.